Minimally Invasive Surgery
At the Center for Pelvic Health and Urogynecology, our board-certified physicians are experts when it comes to minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Our practice offers minimally invasive procedures, including robotic surgery, laparoscopic surgery, and vaginal surgery for the treatment of:
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Uterine bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Vesicovaginal fistula
- Vaginal mesh complications (including transvaginal mesh)
- Post-surgical vaginal scarring
- Congenital anomalies (vaginal agenesis, MRKH syndrome)
- Benign gynecologic conditions requiring surgery (endometriosis, uterine fibroids)
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Surgery
At the Center for Pelvic Health and Urogynecology, patient care and comfort are always top priorities. The advantages of minimally invasive surgery include:
- Shorter hospital stay: Many surgeries are outpatient or require only an overnight stay.
- Less discomfort: Less need for pain medication so you can recover more quickly
- Less scarring: Our approach requires few if any abdominal incisions. If an abdominal incision is required, it is less than 1 cm. We even perform “scarless surgery” with no visible abdominal incisions.
- Quicker recovery: Often, you will be back to normal in a matter of weeks.
Credentials You Can Trust
Our physicians are double board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology as well as female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery. These credentials require fellowship training in advanced gynecologic surgery.
This additional training gives our surgeons in-depth knowledge about female pelvic anatomy and surgical approaches to treat complex gynecologic conditions.
Advanced Collaborative Care
At the Center for Pelvic health and Urogynecology, our physicians perform hundreds of complex procedures each year.
With experience comes results. And as a team practice, we always collaborate, which means as our patient, you will benefit from our collective expertise.