Medical Weight Loss
If you've made the decision to lose weight and improve your health, but are seeking an option other than weight-loss surgery, medical weight loss may be for you.
Medical weight loss at the Weight Management Center at Reading Hospital is a comprehensive program to help you lose weight and maintain weight loss.
How does medical weight loss work?
The program uses a combination of customized meal plans and nutritional guidance, as well as medication when needed.
Medical weight loss programs are personalized to your metabolism, physical composition, and health profile. Complications or existing conditions, like diabetes, are considered with the help of your weight loss team, who'll ensure you have the proper nutrition that still meets your goals.
Is medical weight loss covered by insurance?
Insurance may cover your medical weight loss program and additional support services. Talk to your doctor and insurance provider to learn more.
Your Weight Loss Team
You'll work closely with Weight Management Center medical teams on your journey, including:
- Bariatricians – Doctors who specialize in treating obesity and weight conditions
- Dietitians – An expert or doctor specializing in diet and nutrition
- Surgeons – Surgeons who specifically perform weight loss (bariatric) surgeries
- Nurses – Supportive teams providing additional patient care for weight loss and weight management
- Psychologists – Specialists who provide mental health support and counseling services during and after weight loss
Learn More About Medical Weight Loss