Providing the best care possible, our dedicated occupational therapists help you return home or to the workplace after experiencing an injury, recovering from surgery, or suffering from a debilitating illness.
Occupational therapy services are available to patients of Reading Hospital on an outpatient basis, making appointments and scheduling convenient to your schedule.
Evaluation & Treatment
Each patient is first evaluated to determine his or her level of ability to complete daily living activities such as:
- Hygiene and dressing skills
- Upper extremity strength
- Joint motion
- Functional safety for independent living
Once your evaluation is complete, your occupational therapy team will develop a custom treatment program, which is re-evaluated and modified as you progress through your care.
Conditions Occupational Therapy Treats
Occupational therapy may be right for you if you've experienced:
- Work-related injuries to upper extremities
- Amputation or have been fitted with prosthetics
- Stroke or heart attack
- Head injuries or concussion
- Arthritis, multiple sclerosis or permanent disability
- Severe burns to the upper extremities
- Mental health problems or severe emotional distress
Our goal is to find you the independence and quality of life you need.