From birth to age 18, your child gets compassionate, family-centered care at Reading Hospital. Partner with our expert pediatricians, as well as skilled pediatric nurses – more than 85 percent of whom are certified in their specialty. Trust us to prioritize your loved one’s health as much as you do.
Help your child grow up as healthy and strong as possible with:
- Emergency care – Skilled, sensitive pediatricians who use medical tools sized for children
- Newborn care – The region’s leading neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and a follow-up NICU program that tracks your baby’s progress
- Outpatient care – Primary care, behavioral health services, and routine medical help for children of all ages
- Sleep medicine – Sleep tests and treatment recommendations provided close to home
- Speech and language therapy – One-on-one sessions to build communication skills
- F.I.T.T. Nutrition and Fitness Program – Ten to 12 weeks of exercise and nutrition guidance for children with obesity
- Pediatric asthma care - Reading Hospital’s high-quality asthma program has received The Joint Commission Certification of Distinction in Pediatric Asthma
StChris Care: Specialty Pediatrics
For More Information
Call StChris Care at 484-388-CHILD (2445).
Board-certified specialists from St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia visit Reading Hospital so your family can stay close to home for expert care in pediatric:
- Hepatology and nutrition
- Orthopedics and sports medicine
If your child needs critical care or advanced tests, his or her Reading Hospital team may use video and audio technology to discuss a care plan with specialists at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. So rest assured that a team of experts will help your loved one get the best possible outcome.
Family-Centered Hospital Care
Meet with a pediatrician, nurse, and other medical staff each day your child is in Reading Hospital to discuss progress and the care plan. You’ll be able to ask questions and get to know the people caring for your child.
Pediatric Emergency Department
Should your child need emergency care, the Reading Hospital emergency room is staffed with pediatricians, critical care specialists and equipment ready to help young patients, from toddlers to teens.
Child-Friendly Hospital Unit
During a hospital stay, your child will enjoy a private room with a plasma flat-screen TV, PlayStation 3 console, and sleeping accommodations for a parent. Visit your child any time of day or night. Relax in our parent lounge or join your little one in our bright, cheerful playroom.
If your child stays at Reading Hospital, pediatric hospitalists will provide round-the-clock care. These doctors practice only in the hospital, so they can respond to children’s needs promptly and check on them several times a day. Hospitalists also can arrange a test or treatment in a timely way because they know the hospital departments and specialists.
Expect hospitalists to stay in touch with your pediatrician throughout your child’s stay and to make plans for care with your pediatrician after discharge.
Our hospitalists participate in the Value in Inpatient Pediatrics Network, a worldwide group that keeps up to date on the latest medical research and treatments.