Palliative Care services are designed for patients and families facing a serious or life-threatening illness, regardless of diagnosis or ability to pay.
Our Palliative Care team includes specially trained doctors, nurses, social workers, chaplains, and dietitians who work to keep patients as comfortable and active as possible while providing support to the entire family.
How Palliative Care Helps
Palliative Care services include:
- Treatment to relieve pain and other symptoms
- Patient and family counseling
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Help in planning for care after the hospital stay
- Help with treatment choices and decisions
- Referral to bereavement counseling
These services are limited to Reading Hospital inpatients but can be utilized at any phase of illness, including during active treatment.
We require a physician referral and the patient’s doctor will continue to direct his or her care.
For more information, call 484-628-5281.