HIV Testing and Care
Reading Hospital - Center for Public Health, a Ryan White Part C Medical Clinic, takes a team approach to promoting the health and wellness of people diagnosed with HIV. With the assistance of case managers, nutritionists, physicians, and counselors, we will work with you to achieve balance in your life and with your health. Our team has over twenty years of experience managing specialty care associated with HIV.
The Center welcomes HIV-positive clients with and without medical insurance.
Care, Treatment and Services
Because we are located in a hospital, and due to our status as a Ryan White Clinic, we are able to offer the following range of services:
- Medical treatment of HIV and AIDS
- Primary medical care
- Routine gynecological care
- Routine immunizations
- Nutrition counseling
- Non-medical case management services/social services
- Support groups
- Smoking cessation
- Routine ophthalmology care
- On-site behavioral health counseling
- On-site dermatology/procedure clinic
- Community outreach and education
- Screening for rectal cancer (with access to a referral and follow-up)
- Our own specialty mail order pharmacy
- Consumer Advisory Board
- Referral to medical case management
- Referral to specialty clinics
Rapid HIV Testing
Reading Hospital - Center for Public Health now offers free Rapid HIV testing.
- We use Alere Determine™ Antibody/Antigen 4th Generation Rapid HIV Test, which provides results in approximately 20 minutes. (Patients who test reactive will need a confirmatory blood test, which we will provide.)
- In addition, we will provide you with prevention counseling if your test is negative, or link you to care if your test is positive.
Services are free, anonymous, and confidential.
Walk-in hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. No appointment necessary.
Reading Hospital - Center for Public Health
Doctors Office Building, Suite 225
For life-threatening emergencies, please call 9-1-1.