Nurse Navigator Program
Questions or Concerns?
Call our Nurse Navigators directly at 484-628-8621.
Learning that you have cancer is one of the most overwhelming experiences in a person’s life. During this difficult time, you will have many concerns and questions, and you may be confused by the complexity of the healthcare system. Our Nurse Navigator Program can help.
Our nurse navigators will advocate for you and ensure that you receive the support and knowledge you need to help you find your way from diagnosis through treatment and beyond – all at no cost to you.
Our navigators are registered nurses with extensive knowledge in oncology care. From minor questions to coordination of care, your nurse navigator is here to help you.
How Nurse Navigators Help
Nurse navigators will:
- Guide you to healthcare services for continuity and coordination of care
- Provide education and support to you, your family, and caregivers
- Help you manage appointments
- Help you to communicate with your providers
- Connect you with community resources and support services such as nutrition, social service, and psychological support
Patients will benefit from:
- Enhanced access to health services and information
- More efficient delivery of care to preventdelays and missed appointments along the treatment path
- Support when it is needed
- Enhanced healthcare experience
Requesting a Nurse Navigator
You can connect with a nurse navigator by:
- Requesting a referral from your physician
- Contacting the Nurse Navigator directly
The Nurse Navigator Offices are located in McGlinn Cancer Institute on the Ground Floor of N-Building, at the Hospital’s West Reading Campus.