McGlinn Cancer Institute consistently meets or exceeds the national standard of care guidelines set by the following agencies:
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Committee on Stereotactic Breast Biopsy for Mammotest
- Quality Oncology Practice Initiative for outpatient hematology-oncology
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
Commission on Cancer – In February 2016, the institute received a three-year approval with Gold-level commendation from the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons. Approval followed an on-site evaluation during which the facility demonstrated a commendation level of compliance across all the standards evaluated. Standards included cancer committee leadership, cancer data management, clinical services, research, community outreach, and quality improvement.
National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers – The McGlinn Cancer Institute is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), indicating:
- We are fully qualified to offer the full spectrum of interdisciplinary care to patients with breast disease.
- Our patients receive the most current forms of evaluation, treatment, and follow-up care.
- We have passed a rigorous evaluation by independent clinical surveyors, who have awarded us their nationally recognized seal of approval.
Quality Oncology Practice Initiative – The Cancer Infusion Center, along with Reading Health Physician Network - Hematology Oncology, has been a certified Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) center since May 2011. It is one of 10 certified practices in Pennsylvania, and 200 certified sites nationwide. The QOPI is an oncologist-led, practice-based quality assessment and improvement program through The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). QOPI's goal is to promote excellence in cancer care by helping practices create a culture of self-examination and improvement.
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Network – The McGlinn Cancer Institute is a member of the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Network, giving all our patients access to the latest developments in cancer research, technology, and treatment in an environment close to home.
If you have questions or would like more information, please call 484-628-HELP (4357).