Nationally Recognized Stroke Care
- Nationally recognized as 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care for 5 years (2013-2017)
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center since 2006
- 2017 AHA: GOLD PLUS award 11 years (2007-2017)
- Only CARF accredited Stroke rehabilitation program in Berks County
Minutes can mean the difference between life, death, and disability. Know the warning signs and BE FAST – call 9-1-1 for if you or someone else is having sudden onset of these symptoms:
- BALANCE: Does the person have a sudden loss of balance?
- EYES: Has the person lost vision in one or both eyes?
- FACE: Does the person’s face look uneven?
- ARMS: Is one arm hanging down?
- SPEECH: Is the person’s speech slurred? Does the person have trouble speaking or seem confused?
- TIME: Call 9-1-1 now!
Advanced Primary Stroke Center
Our Advanced Primary Stroke Center offers:
- State-of-the-art rapid treatment of stroke starting with EMS and ED arrival
- 24/7 stroke physician specialists
- Use of Teleneurology (video-conference by hospital stroke physicians)
- Capability to perform advanced brain imaging
- 24/7 treatment with clot-busting medication for eligible patients
- Specialty suite for complex surgical treatment
- Dedicated stroke trained nurses
Quality outcomes recognized as Americas 100 BEST STROKE CARE hospitals for low rates of:
- Inpatient hospital days (average stay is four days)
- Readmission to acute hospital
- Post-stroke complications