Clinical Quality and Patient Safety
Quality is priority one for Reading Hospital. For nearly 150 years, our name has been synonymous with high quality, compassionate medical care. We are committed to providing excellent service to all patients, and to maintaining a highly involved team to help coordinate all aspects of clinical care.
Affiliated with Nationally Recognized Organizations
We are affiliated with The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Healthgrades, Leapfrog, Pennsylvania Healthcare Cost Containment Council (PHC4), and Truven Top 100, among others.
Better than the Nation
We are ranked better than the national average in many key areas of clinical expertise, including:
- Preventing blood clots while in the hospital
- Occurrence of catheter-associates urinary tract infections
- Percentage of patients who came to the Emergency Department with stroke symptoms and received a brain scan within 45 minutes of arrival
- Percentage of patients given the influenza vaccination in the hospital
- Percentage of healthcare workers given influenza vaccinations
- Percentage of ischemic stroke patients who received medicine to break up a blood clot within three hours after symptoms began
- Colonoscopy follow-up screening care
- Pneumonia-related deaths
- In-hospital deaths among patients with serious, treatable complications after surgery
If you have any concerns about your patient experience that have not been resolved by the Hospital, please contact The Joint Commission at 1-800-994-6610 or via e-mail.