Volunteers do so much to help with healing processes in Reading Hospital.
For patients, family members, and friends walking through our doors, it is not an average day. Volunteers help make these days better.
If you are 15 years or older you may apply.
Benefits of Volunteerism
Whether you are walking a visitor to their appointment, cashiering at one of our gift shops, knitting a cap for a chemotherapy patient, or crafting a patient tray favor, volunteering can enrich your life by:
- Positively impacting your physical and mental health
- Positively affecting your quality and longevity of life
- Creating a deeper connection to your community
Types of Volunteering
- Serve by helping patients, visitors and staff at Reading Hospital, Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing, Muhlenberg Occupational Health or one of our satellite locations
- Sew, knit, crochet or craft at home
- Special Events volunteering with The Friends of Reading Hospital
Summer College Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Reading Hospital for the summer of 2019.
We are looking for 10 qualified applicants to volunteer for 40 hours from Monday, June 3, through Friday, August 16.
College students who would like to be considered for a summer volunteer position must commit to a minimum of four hours of service per week across the course of the summer. (Please note that if you plan to take more than two weeks of vacation, please consider applying to another institution.)
- These hours will be given in either one four-hour shift or two two-hour shifts.
- Applicants who have served previously will have priority.
- Applications will be accepted starting Tuesday, January 1.
- No applications will be accepted after Friday, March 29.
- Qualified applicants will be interviewed and accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All applicants must complete all volunteer onboarding processes by Friday, May 31.
- If you are a returning volunteer, you must confirm your interest by Tuesday, January 15.
- Please indicate on the application that you are interested in the Summer College Program.