Volunteers do so much to help with healing processes in Reading Hospital.
For patients, family members, and friends walking through our doors, it is not an average day. Volunteers help make these days better.
If you are 15 years or older you may apply.
Benefits of Volunteerism
Whether you are walking a visitor to their appointment, cashiering at one of our gift shops, knitting a cap for a chemotherapy patient, or crafting a patient tray favor, volunteering can enrich your life by:
- Positively impacting your physical and mental health
- Positively affecting your quality and longevity of life
- Creating a deeper connection to your community
Types of Volunteering
- Serve by helping patients, visitors and staff at Reading Hospital, Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing, Muhlenberg Occupational Health or one of our satellite locations
- Sew, knit, crochet or craft at home
- Special Events volunteering with The Friends of Reading Hospital
Summer College Volunteers
Due to a high demand for volunteer positions, Reading Hospital has a limited number of summer volunteer opportunities for college students. Preference will be given to applicants who have given good service in the past.
Interested College students must complete an online application by Thursday, February 1. They must commit to a minimum of eight hours of service per week or 80 hours across the length of the summer until Sunday, August 12.
Some departments may require more time.
Applicants must be completed the volunteer onboarding processes on or before Friday, June 1.