Due to COVID-19 we are not accepting new volunteers at this time.
Volunteers do so much to help with healing processes in Reading Hospital.
For patients, family members, and friends walking through our doors, it is not an average day. Volunteers help make these days better.
If you are 15 years or older you may apply.
Benefits of Volunteerism
Whether you are walking a visitor to their appointment, cashiering at one of our gift shops, knitting a cap for a chemotherapy patient, or crafting a patient tray favor, volunteering can enrich your life by:
- Positively impacting your physical and mental health
- Positively affecting your quality and longevity of life
- Creating a deeper connection to your community
Types of Volunteering
- Serve by helping patients, visitors and staff at Reading Hospital, Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing, Muhlenberg Occupational Health or one of our satellite locations
- Sew, knit, crochet or craft at home
- Special Events volunteering with The Friends of Reading Hospital
Summer College Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Reading Hospital for the summer of 2020.
We are looking for 10 qualified applicants to volunteer for a minimum of 36 hours from Monday, June 1, through Friday, August 17.
College students who would like to be considered for a summer volunteer position must commit to a minimum of four hours of service per week across the course of the summer.
Before you apply please consider the following:
1) Are you planning to work a summer job?
a. If so, can you commit to volunteering on the same day and time each week?
2) Check with your family to find out when you plan on going on vacation.
a. If you plan to take more than two weeks of vacation, please do not apply.
b. There are no makeup hours.
c. Verification hours will not be provided if you have given less than 36 hours of service.
- These hours will be given in either one four-hour shift or two two-hour shifts on the same day at the same time.
- Applicants who have served previously will have priority.
- Applications will be accepted starting Wednesday, January 1.
- No applications will be accepted after Friday, March 27.
- Qualified applicants will be interviewed and accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All applicants must complete all volunteer onboarding processes by Friday, May 29. There are NO exceptions.
- If you are a returning volunteer, you must confirm your interest by Wednesday, January 15.
- Please indicate on the application that you are interested in the Summer College Program.