Social Media Policy
Thank you for your participation in Reading Hospital's online community! We look forward to hearing from you. We ask that you, as a member of our online community, use this forum courteously and productively.
While we invite debate and discussion about important health issues and topics, we ask that users engage in such exchanges with mutual respect for others’ opinions. Please avoid comments that are abusive, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, inappropriate, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable. Comments that do not follow these guidelines will be removed.
Reading Hospital will not post or comment on individual cases or issues.
Please consider how much personal information YOU CHOOSE to share as the information on these sites is open to the public, and will be linked to your name and published on the Internet.
By posting any comments, posts or other material on Reading Hospital-sponsored sites, you give Reading Hospital the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. In posting material on Reading Hospital sites (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and blogs), you agree not to:
- Post material that Reading Hospital determines is threatening, harassing, illegal, obscene, defamatory, slanderous, or hostile toward any individual or entity.
- Post phone numbers or email addresses of yourself or any other individual or entity in the body of your comment – you cannot assume the good intentions of everyone who reads them.
- Post material that infringes on the rights of Reading Hospital or any individual or entity relating to privacy, intellectual property, or publication rights.
- Post material that promotes or advertises a commercial product or solicits business or membership or financial or other support in any business, group, or organization except those which are officially sponsored by Reading Hospital.
- Post chain letters, post the same comment multiple times, or otherwise distribute “spam” via Reading Hospital sites.
- Allow any other individual or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post comments under multiple names or using another person’s name.
Reading Hospital reserves the right to do any or all of the following:
- Ban future posts from people who repeatedly violate our Terms and Conditions. We may affect such bans by refusing posts from specific email addresses or IP addresses, or through other means as necessary.
- Remove or edit comments at any time, whether or not they violate these Terms and Conditions.
User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Reading Hospital, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, successors, and assigns against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, causes of action, costs, or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of any claim by a third party relating to any material user has posted on Reading Hospital sites.
By posting a comment or material of any kind on Reading Hospital sites, the user hereby agrees to the Terms and Conditions set forth above.