Billing & Insurance
Reading Hospital is committed to providing affordable, quality healthcare to all patients. We understand that billing and payment for healthcare services can be confusing.
Knowing your insurance policy is important for you to receive the maximum benefits for your healthcare services. Your benefit coverage level for care provided by Reading Hospital is determined solely by your insurance. Reading Hospital is contracted with many health plans. A list of those plans can be found below. You can also call our Patient Financial Services office at 484-628-5683 for a complete list.
Please note: our list is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change. Please check with your health plan to verify coverage.
Reading Hospital has contracts with the following health insurance companies:
We do not participate in the following Highmark plans:
- Community Blue Medicare HMO
- My Direct Blue EPO
We do not participate in the following UPMC plans:
- Partner Network Plans (HMO and EPO Plans)
- Standard Network Plans (HMO Plans)
- Partner Network Plans (HMO and EPO Plans)
- UPMC Business Advantage HMO (Referral Required)
- UPMC Business Advantage HMO (No Referral)
- Enhanced Access (HMO and POS Plans)
- UPMC Employees Advantage (EPO Plans)
- Panther Gold Advantage HMO (For Pitt Employees)
- Panther Gold HMO (For Pitt Employees)
- FEHB Plans
- UPMC Inside Advantage Level 1 Providers
- MyCare Advantage HMO Level 1 Providers
- MyCare Advantage HMO Level 2 Providers
- MyCare Advantage PPO Level 1 Providers
- Aetna Better Health Kids
- Capital Cares for Kids
- GHP Kids (Geisinger)
- Highmark PPO Plus
- IBC CHIP
- UHC CHIP
- UPMC for Kids
- Capital Blue Cross
- Bronze PPO 7350-0-60
- Silver PPO 5000/10/30
- Gold PPO 2000/10/20
- ALL Geisinger Marketplace Plans, EXCEPT Geisinger Marketplace “Select” HMO (which says “Select Network” on the card)
- Independence Blue Cross (Tier 3)
- UPMC Health Plans
- Tower UPMC Advantage Bronze
- Tower UPMC Advantage Silver
- Tower UPMC Advantage Gold
- Aetna Better Health
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Gateway Health Plan
- Keystone First (except Tower Health Medical Group/hospital-based clinics, which are out of network)
- UHC Medicaid
- UPMC for You HMO
Plans Offering Drug Coverage
Plans without Drug Coverage
- Keystone 65
- Preferred Medical Only HMO
- Select Medical Only HMO
- United Healthcare AARP Medicare Complete
Special Needs Plan
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured
- Keystone First VIP Choice HMO
- United Healthcare
- AARP Medicare Complete
- UHC Dual complete
- UHC Group Medicare Advantage Plans
- UHC Assisted Living Plan (PPO)
- UHC Nursing Home Plan
We also accept Medicare and Medical Assistance.
Reading Hospital will gladly submit a bill to any insurance carrier on your behalf. However, that is not a guarantee that the insurance carrier will pay the claim.
It is important for you to be aware of your benefits and any restrictions that may apply to your specific plan. By being informed about what your health plan covers, you can be assured of receiving the maximum coverage to which you are entitled.
Understanding Your Financial Responsibility
When you are scheduled for a doctor’s appointment or other test, study or procedure at any of our Reading Hospital locations, the representative who checks you in will enter information needed for your patient chart, and to help us bill your insurance. At this time, we will:
- Discuss your portion of the financial responsibility. We will let you know how much your co-pay and deductible will be for the service we will be providing.
- Discuss any past-due balances you may have with Reading Hospital.
- Discuss payment options for your co-pay, deductible and any past-due balances.
There are several payment options available to you at the time of registration. They include credit card using our secure card swipe at your point of service registration, or you can pay with a check, money order or cash.
If you cannot pay the patient responsibility portion of your bill, one of our patient financial service representatives will speak to you about options. This may include a partial payment at the time of service and arranging a payment plan.
Payment and Contacts
- Pay Online
- Phone: Dial 484-628-5820 or toll-free 866-333-5820 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Via E-Mail
- In Person: Visit the Patient Billing Services office located in C-Building on the second floor between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (Enter at the 6th Avenue Lobby)
- Receive a price quote for services.
Billing and Payment: Reading Hospital
Billing and Payment: Reading Hospital Surgical Services