Reading Hospital - Tower Health Laboratory and Radiology Sites Continue Safe Reopening With Enhanced Online Scheduling Available
West Reading, Pa., September 1, 2020 - While COVID-19 is still prevalent in the community, all Tower Health laboratories and radiology locations are following recommended safety measures to maintain a clean and safe environment. All employees and patients must wear a face mask within the facility. Patient appointments and waiting room furniture are arranged to encourage physical distancing. All patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before entry and every patient chair is thoroughly cleaned after each use.
Because our COVID-19 precautions do not allow for "walk-in" appointments, patients are required to schedule laboratory appointments. Additional sites continue to be added to online scheduling. Visit towerhealth.org/labs for the full list of locations.
Laboratory appointments can be scheduled online through MyTowerHealth or by calling 484-628-5227. Laboratories open and available for online scheduling include:
- Doctors Office Building Laboratory, 301 S. Seventh Avenue, Suite 110
- Douglassville Laboratory, 957 Ben Franklin Highway, Douglasville
- Gateway Laboratory, 1020 Grings Hill Road, Reading
- Kenhorst Laboratory, 600 High Boulevard, Kenhorst
- Reiffton Laboratory, 3703 Perkiomen Ave. Reading
- The Reading Hospital at Spring Ridge Laboratory, 2603 Keiser Boulevard, Wyomissing
- Bernville Laboratory, 7169 Bernville Road, Bernville
- Hamburg Laboratory, 31 Industrial Drive, Hamburg
- Kutztown Laboratory, 15050 Kutztown Road, Kutztown
- Leesport Laboratory, 5479 Pottsville Pike, Leesport
- Morgantown Laboratory, 301 Darby Square, Elverson
- Womelsdorf (Conrad Weiser) Laboratory, 1137 W. Penn Avenue, Womelsdorf
Patients must schedule appointments for mammography services, since "walk ins" are not accepted. Screening mammography appointments can be scheduled online through MyTowerHealth or by calling 484-628-8611.
Mammogram screening locations available for online scheduling include:
- Spring Ridge Breast Health Center, 2603 Keiser Blvd, Reading
- Leesport Imaging, 5479 Pottsville Pike, Leesport
- Exeter Imaging, 2 Hearthstone Ct, Reading
Visit towerhealth.org/radiology for a full list of locations offering additional testing offered by appointment only.
MyTowerHealth offers a secure, easy method to access medical records and communicate with a patients healthcare team. No matter the time of day, a simple visit to MyTowerHealth allows access to view test results, schedule appointments, and more. Visit MyTowerHealth.org to learn more.
"We know how important it is for our patients to have access to safe and convenient care in their community," said Ron Nutting, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Reading Hospital - Tower Health. "We continue to encourage individuals to continue their regular wellness and screening visits to manage health issues or detect new conditions as soon as possible."
About Reading Hospital
Reading Hospital is the flagship, Magnet Recognized, acute care hospital of Tower Health. Located in West Reading, Pa., Reading Hospital is a 714-bed hospital that is home to many top-tier specialty care centers, including Reading HealthPlex, McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, Emergency Department, Level I Trauma Center and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). With more than 1,000 physicians and providers across 49 locations, Reading Hospital has been recognized for its quality outcomes and clinical expertise across services lines. It is listed as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for four consecutive years and received a 5-Star Rating from CMS two years in a row. For more information, visit towerhealth.org.