Reading Health Hosts Community Summit on Opioid Abuse
Reading Health System has been designated one of Pennsylvania's 45 Centers of Excellence (COE) and will host a community summit on Friday, February 24, from 8 to 11:30 a.m. in Thun/Janssen Auditorium at Reading Hospital. Guests at the summit will learn more about how the COE will coordinate treatment for heroin and opioid drug addiction, as well as other health challenges that may be affecting a substance abuser.
Speakers at the event include:
- Desha Dickson, Director, Community Health & Engagement, Reading Health System
- Jason Snyder, Special Assistant to the Secretary of Human Services
- John Adams, Berks County District Attorney
- Mark Woodland, MS, MD, Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Reading Hospital
- Charles Barbera, MD, Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine at Reading Hospital
- William Santoro, MD, Chief, Section of Addiction Medicine at Reading Hospital
- Michael Baxter, MD, Chair, Department of Family and Community Medicine at Reading Hospital
Guests interested in attending the event can register by calling 484-628-0360 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Media are invited to attend the event or schedule an interview with Reading Health physicians by contacting Jessica Bezler at email@example.com or 484-628-9780.