Reading Health System Executive Named to The Leadership Development Group Advisory Board
Reading Health System is proud to announce that Russell Showers, Vice President Human Resources, has been named to the 2016 Advisory Board for The Leadership Development Group. The board is comprised of nationally recognized leaders with deep expertise in leadership development and represents all sectors of the healthcare industry as well as best in class corporate talent leaders and will guide TLD Group's strategy for growth and innovation.
Showers joined Reading Health in January 2014 as Vice President Human Resources. He earned his MBA, with a concentration in Human Resources, from Walden University in Minneapolis and is a graduate of York College of Pennsylvania where he received a B.S. in Psychology and a Minor in Management. He is a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources, is a member of the Society for Human Resources Management, World at Work, and American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration. Showers also earned the national Outstanding Performance in Training Management award for a program linking training to strategic direction from the Training Directors Forum.
The Leadership Development Advisory Board Members include:
- Glenn Frommer, MBA, CPA, President & CEO, North America, Mauser
- James B. Jones, MD, PharmD, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Ira Klein, MD, MBA, FACP, Senior Director of Health Care Quality Strategy in the Strategic Customer Group of Janssen Pharmaceuticals, formerly National Medical Director for Clinical Thought Leadership in the Office of the Chief Medical Officer, Aetna
- Iris Nafshi, MA, Global Health, Leadership and Executive Development, Microsoft
- Ron Phillips, JD, Chief People Officer, Carnival Cruise Line
- Greg Rokosz, DO, JD, FACEP, FACOEP, Senior Vice President for Medical and Academic Affairs/Chief Medical Officer, Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Bob Sachs, PhD, Talent Strategy Advisor and Executive Coach, formerly Vice President of National Learning and Development at Kaiser Permanente
- Russell Showers, MBA, Vice President Human Resources, Reading Health System
- Anthony Webster, MS, Vice President, Human Resources, Europe & Americas, GlaxoSmithKline, Consumer Health
"We have amassed an extraordinary group of talented professionals representing each sector of the healthcare industry as well as executives from outside the industry to bring their unique perspectives on leadership development to our company. Their valuable advice and counsel will help to guide our organization in creating innovative and impactful solutions that enable our clients to thrive in this challenging healthcare environment," said Tracy Duberman, PhD, President and CEO, TLD Group.
About The Leadership Development Group
The Leadership Development Group (TLD Group) partners with healthcare organizations, including providers, payers, and pharmaceutical companies, to provide talent development solutions including executive and physician leadership assessment and coaching, organizational development consulting, and group leadership development programs including our Applied Physician Leadership Academy© (APLA™). APLA™ is designed to engage and empower medical and scientific leaders to take on the leadership challenges facing the industry and position their organizations for success. Our worldwide faculty of over 200 organizational development practitioners, academicians, coaches, and consultants with deep expertise in the healthcare industry, enable us to offer targeted insights and deliver highly impactful results. For more information about TLD Group, visit www.tldgroupinc.com.