Explore a career in Surgical Technology!
The Surgical Technology Shadow Program provides individuals with an opportunity to shadow a Surgical Technologist in the Operating Room environment during a surgical procedure.
About the Program
Shadowing experiences take place at Reading Hospital’s Main Operating Room and are scheduled Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m.
To qualify applicants must:
- Be at least 16 years of age or older
- If under age 18, the parent/guardian consent form must be signed
- Possess a photo identification
- Wear the appropriate attire to the experience (Guidelines will be provided in correspondence from the program admin)
- Provide proof of current Influenza vaccination
- Provide proof of COVID Vaccination
Effective August 1, 2021 individuals who request a shadowing experience are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the experience. “Fully vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after a second dose of a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences operates without distinction to age, race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, or economic means.
For More Information
To schedule a shadowing experience or find out more about the program, please contact the Surgical Technology Program Admin at 484-628-0200.
Participation in a shadowing experience does not guarantee admission to Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences.