The Alumni Association of Reading Hospital School of Nursing
The Alumnae Association was organized in 1895, four years after the graduation of the first class of two students. We changed our name to the Alumni Association in 1973 after male graduates became members. We currently have approximately 1,500 paying and life members, whose purpose is to promote professional and educational advancement of nursing by providing scholarships and offering educational programs.
The Alumni Center is located on the first floor of the School of Health Sciences and serves as a site for records, pictures, historic uniforms, and mementoes of historic value.
We are a corporation which qualifies for tax exemption under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Alumni Association provides each graduate from Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences Nursing Program with free membership for a year following graduation. Graduates also receive a white Nightingale Lamp, which symbolizes pride in our alma mater.
Those who wish to continue or reinstate their membership may do so by submitting an application and $15 annual dues.
- Free educational programs, many offering contact hours for nursing continuing education credits*
- Biannual newsletter
- Access to information about how to organize class reunions
- Opportunity to participate in scholarship programs
- Social activities to exchange ideas and develop or renew friendships
Ways You Can Help
- Attend meetings to help guide the future of the association
- Serve as an officer or board member
- Serve on a committee
- Help maintain the Alumni Center. History buffs - we need YOU!
- Annual Membership Dues - $15 per year
- Associate Membership Dues - $15 per year
Associate members are welcome! Any graduate nurse of an accredited nursing school may enjoy the benefits of the RHSN Alumni.
Educational programs are held in September, October, March, April, and May at The School of Health Sciences: 1025 Old Wyomissing Road, Reading, PA 19611.
Application for scholarships are subject to the conditions on the Berks County Community Foundation website. Student scholarships are to be submitted from August 1 to October 15 each year.
Graduate Scholarship applications are accepted between January 15 and March 15 to be considered for the current year.