Tuition & Expenses
- Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Make checks payable to Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences or RHSHS and mail with your application.
- Background Check and Child Abuse Clearance
- Background Check - $57
- Child Abuse Clearance - $13
- Done by the student online before the start of the program
- Confirmation Fee (non-refundable)
- Housing (optional)
- $125 per week for a non-private room
- $250 per week for a private room
- $6,000 annual for a non-private room
- $12,000 annual for a private room
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance
- Student Health Fee
- 2021/22 MLS Tuition
MLS Payment Plan Option (PPO)
- MLS Tuition [PDF]
- Tuition is due in full no later than July 1 or Students can use the school's MLS Payment Plan Option.
- Pay tuition and/or housing expenses over 10 months
- No setup fees
- Interest-free monthly payments
- First payment is due July 1.
- MLS Payment Plan Form [PDF]
MLS 2021/22 Tuition [PDF]
See SOHS Policy #601 [PDF]
Additional Costs and Materials
Textbooks - $500-$600 (estimate)
Room and Board – Students who require housing may choose to take a room at The Inn at Reading for an additional cost. Notify the Program Director if you need housing. Students may purchase meals in the discounted Employee Cafeteria at their own expense.
Clothing - White or scrub uniforms are not required but may be worn by the student. Acceptable street clothes are permitted. The student must provide a lab coat. The laboratory provides personal protective equipment including protective barrier gowns for employees and students. Students should refer to the dress code policy, which is provided before the program begins in July.
College/University Fees – Students who are still enrolled at a college for their senior year are responsible to that institution for whatever fees are applicable.
Transportation – Students must provide their own transportation; however, students living at The Inn at Reading may ride the shuttle to the Hospital. The shuttle service is available Monday through Thursday from 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., and 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Fridays. Off-peak time shuttle service can be arranged by calling 484-628-8424.
Medical Insurance – Students must be covered by their own medical insurance. Student or temporary jobs do not qualify for benefits. They may participate in the Hospital’s health plan but at the full (unsubsidized) cost.
Less expensive policies may be available through their college campus or their car insurance company.
A permanent part-time job of 16 hours per week or more allows the student to enroll in the Hospital health plan at a minimal cost. The Employment Office maintains a job-posting list at several sites in the Hospital and on our website.
Certification Exam – Students are encouraged to sit for the Board of Certification exam as it is a way of verifying entry-level competence. Students are responsible for the certification exam fee, which must be sent to the certifying organization with the application for the exam.