Advanced Emergency Medical Technician Program
AEMT 2021 SOHS Spring Hybrid Class Announcement
Applications are being accepted now for our upcoming spring class.
Where: Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences
When: January 14, 2021 to July 22, 2021
Times: Every Thursday from 6PM to 10PM
Register for AEMT Information Sessions
Please attend an information/pre-admission testing session with the Program Coordinator. These sessions are designed to provide prospective students with an overview of the program and pre-admission requirements. To register for an AEMT Information Session with Mervin Wertz, EMS Programs Clinical Coordinator, please register at
To register for an AEMT Information Session with Mervin Wertz, EMS Programs Clinical Coordinator, please register at:
- Submit application and $30 payment.
- Submit copy of EMT certification card.
- Submit copy of CPR card.
- Satisfactory scores on web-based pre-entrance exam. Applicants must register through the Admissions Office and be prepared to pay $25.50 via credit card to complete the exam on testing day. To register for the pre-entrance exam, please contact Erin.Studer@towerhealth.org or 484-628-0109.
- Complete the Confirmation of Enrollment Form and submit the $100 non-refundable fee due two weeks from date of official acceptance letter.
- Complete the health packet and UDS testing step according to the deadline established by admissions. Submit documentation of health insurance, health screenings and immunization, including the flu vaccination, and UDS test/lab results.
- Complete three different background checks – accepted students will be instructed to use our vendor and a specific package code to complete the following checks. The total combined cost of these checks is approximately $96.
- Multi-level search to include PA State Police check and Healthcare Fraud and Abuse Scan
- FBI Finger print
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Confirmed students will need to complete all the required online courses before the classes begin.
- Additional information, if needed, will be communicated to applicants leading up to class start date.
Applicants must be formally accepted to the AEMT Program by the Admissions Office before submitting the confirmation fee and/or tuition payment. Please do not pay these fees unless you have received written notice that indicates you have been accepted to the program.
Students who have been formally accepted have the option to pay their tuition in full or establish a payment plan by selecting one of the payment plan buttons above.
- Tuition in Full: Due one week prior to the start of class.
- Payment Plan Option: First installment due based on payment schedule.
Selecting either option and making your payment by the assigned due date will allow the student to attend classes and participate in tests, quizzes, and labs. Students unable to make their tuition payment will be dropped from the roster. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this requirement.
Sponsors requesting to be invoiced need to include their organization, address, email, contact person, and contact phone number on the or select "Yes" to receive an invoice in the sponsor section of the online application. All invoices are sent by the Student Accounts Office. If you have any questions please contact Steve Swan, Student Accounts Officer.
AEMT Program Effectiveness
For more information, please contact the school at 484-628-0100 or 484-628-0109.