CRRSAA Act – Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF II)
Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences (OPEID 00656500) received supplemental education stabilization funds under Section 314(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA). The required funding report below applies to the portion of grants received under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF II) that is designated specifically for emergency financial aid grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus.
- Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences (RHSHS) received the Grant Award Notification for the supplemental HEERF II funding on January 19, 2021. No additional application was required to receive these funds. This document assures that RHSHS intends to use the amount funded and received under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- RHSHS received notice on January 19, 2021, that the grant award in the amount of $134,622 was selected for funding.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA Act as of 9/30/21 is $ 141,800. Note: The additional $7,178 awarded to eligible students was allocated from the Institutional portion, Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA Act.
- An estimated total of 315 students that were enrolled as of 2/23/21 at the institution were eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA Act.
- As of 9/30/21, 315 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA Act.
- In order to move funds to the students as quickly as possible, no application was required and automatic payments of $600 were awarded to 79 students who would have Pell eligibility (based on the 21/22 FAFSA maximum EFC of 5846) as of 4/12/21. The remaining 236 students received an automatic payment of $400. Disbursements were administered through the Student Accounts and Fiscal Offices. Eligibility and announcement of the automatic payment were processed by the Financial Aid Office.
- Payments to students were mailed on 4/26/21 with the following guidance included from Robin Hall, Director of Financial Aid and Budget:
“RHSHS has received additional HEERF II (Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund) money authorized under the CRRSAA Act (Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act) that we are able to award to students.
Any money awarded from this grant is to be used for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations at RHSHS due to coronavirus. These expenses include eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance, such as tuition, food, housing, health care, or child care. This award is intended to help you with those expenses.
Enrolled students were prioritized based on exceptional need – those with PELL grant eligibility will receive $600. All other students will receive $400.
This award will not count as taxable income and it will not replace any financial aid eligibility you may have for future semesters. RHSHS understands the current COVID-19 pandemic has greatly impacted our students’ educational and financial goals. “