ARP Act – Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III)
Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences (OPEID 00656500) received supplemental education stabilization funds under Section 2003 of the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act and Section 314 of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA). The required funding report below applies to the portion of grants received under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III) that is designated specifically for emergency financial aid grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus.
- Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences (RHSHS) received the Grant Award Notification for the supplemental HEERF III funding on May 14, 2021. No additional application was required to receive these funds. This document assures that RHSHS intends to use the amount funded and received under Section 2003 of the ARP and Section 314 of the CRRSAA Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- RHSHS received notice on May 14, 2021, that the grant award in the amount of $419,201 was selected for funding.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 2003 of the ARP and Section 314 of the CRRSAA Act as of 3/31/22 is $433,800. Note: The additional $14,599 awarded to eligible students was allocated from the Institutional portion, under Section 2003 of the ARP.
- An estimated total of 306 students that were enrolled as of 2/18/22 at the institution were eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants under Section 2003 of the American Rescue Plan Act.
- As of 3/31/22, 306 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 2003 of the ARP Act.
- RHSHS automatically distributed funds to students, ranking them based on financial need. 64 Federal student aid applicants with an EFC of 0 received an award of $1800 each. 46 Federal student aid applicants with an EFC of 1 – 5846 received an award of $1600 each. All other 196 enrolled students received an award of $1250 each. Disbursements were administered through the Student Accounts and Fiscal Offices. Eligibility and announcement of the automatic payment were processed by the Financial Aid Office. The following email was sent to students on 2/18/22:
RHSHS has received additional Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III) money authorized under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 that we are able to award to students. This represents the third stream of funding appropriated for HEERF to prevent, prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
Emergency financial aid grants may be used by students for any component of their cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care), or child care. Students determine how they may use their emergency financial aid grant within the allowable uses.
Currently, enrolled students were prioritized based on exceptional need as follows:
Those students with maximum PELL grant eligibility (EFC = 0) for the current 21/22 award year will receive $1,800. Other PELL grant qualifying students (EFC = 1 – 5846) for 21/22 will receive $1,600. All other students will receive $1,250.
This award will not count as taxable income or financial aid, nor will it replace any financial aid eligibility you may have for future semesters. RHSHS understands the continuing COVID-19 pandemic has greatly impacted our students’ educational and financial goals.
You will be notified via RHSHS email when your check can be picked up in the Student Accounts or Financial Aid Offices. Please contact me via email if you have any further questions.
7. Distribution of the payments to students began on Friday, 3/18/22.
8. All funding has been disbursed.