A Cleveland Clinic program, brought to you by Reading Hospital
Cleveland Clinic’s Worldwide Classroom® engages middle and high school students in topical explorations of health issues and health science and medicine career opportunities. Each connected learning experience includes interactive exchanges with healthcare professionals that are designed to influence and encourage students to make healthy life choices and to explore health science and medicine career paths.
Worldwide Classroom® connected learning experiences are held twice a month via easy-to-use webinar technology. Each session is hosted by a Cleveland Clinic Caregiver who will engage students with their personal stories, multimedia demonstrations, interactive polling, and Q&A sessions. Worldwide Classroom® connected learning experiences are aligned with instructional standards and local, state, and national health and wellness and college and career readiness initiatives.
And don’t forget - Worldwide Classroom® is always free and a la carte, teachers can choose to have their students participate in any or all of the connected learning experiences.
We have a great line up of Worldwide Classroom® connected learning experiences for the 2017-18 school year.
Hot Topics – 2017-18 Schedule
Hot Topics are connected learning experiences designed to engage middle and high school students in an hour long exploration of a health issue, procedure, and/or innovation. This is not your typical health lecture – our Cleveland Clinic caregivers will share their knowledge and passion through stories that your students will find relevant, humorous, gross, inspiring, shocking, or maybe even a little weird.
We’ve got a great lineup of Hot Topics for the 2017-18 school year; join us for any or all of them.
- Tuesday, September 12, 2017: All About Obesity
- Tuesday, October 17, 2017: All About Opioids
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017: All About Diabetes
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017: All About Body Pollution
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018: All About Cancer
- Tuesday, February 6, 2018: All About Heart Disease
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018: All About Nutrition
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018: All About Wellness
- Tuesday, May 1, 2018: All About Mental Health
All Worldwide Classroom® sessions take place from 9-10 a.m. (EST).
Meet the Caregivers – 2017-18 Schedule
Your students will have a wealth of opportunities to get good paying jobs in the healthcare industry when they graduate. Meet the Caregivers provides an intimate look at a wide variety of healthcare career paths to ensure that your students are aware of their future opportunities.
We’ve recruited a dynamic and diverse group of Cleveland Clinic Caregivers to spend an hour with your students, sharing their journey and experiences in healthcare. Their stories will be inspiring, humorous, or maybe a bit peculiar, but also informative to the opportunities your students will have when they graduate.
We have lined up a wide variety of Cleveland Clinic Caregivers for the 2017-18 school year, join us for any or all of our Meet the Caregivers connected learning experiences.
- Tuesday, September, 19, 2017: Meet a Physician Assistant
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017: Meet a Physical Therapist
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017: Meet a Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Tuesday, December 19, 2017: Meet an Occupational Therapist
- Tuesday, January 23, 2018: Kidney Surgeon
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018: Meet a Heart Surgeon
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018: Meet a Rehabilitation Technician
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018: Health IT
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018: Meet a Bariatric Surgeon
Worldwide Classroom® sessions take place from 9-10 a.m. (EST).
Easy-to-Use Webinar Technology
This year’s Worldwide Classroom connected learning experiences will be brought right into your classroom via Cisco WebEx technology. We’ve selected WebEx Meeting Center to expand the Worldwide Classroom experience on a variety of devices, including traditional Video Conferencing systems (like Cisco Telepresence, Polycom and Lifesize) as well as computers and laptops equipped with a video camera and microphone.
Educators can enroll at any time during the school year to participate in the Worldwide Classroom®.
Please contact Tom Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, or if you would like to enroll in the program.