Applications will be scored based on the following:
- Health Promotion, Community, and Population Well-Being – 30 points
- Sustainable, Scalable, and Replicable – 10 points
- Realistic Budget/Additional Funding Sources – 10 points
- Community Learning, Collective Action, and Capacity Building – 30 points
- Program Evaluation – 10 points
- Alignment with Identified Health Priorities – 10 points
Total Score = 100 points
Organizations that are awarded grant funds will be expected to comply with the following:
- Sign an Implementation Agreement based on the final negotiated proposal, prior to receiving any funds;
- Develop an evaluation plan;
- Comply with reporting requirements, including but not limited to: sharing data about projects and participants, timely financial reports, and performance reports comparing actual results as requested;
- Attend Reading Hospital Community Benefit Committee meetings to give in-person presentation and status report of program, as needed;
- Implement publicity and co-branding with Reading Hospital on materials related to the funded program;
- Proactively address barriers that challenge the organization's ability to fulfill the requirements of Implementation Agreement.
- RFP Announcement and Availability – Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- Letter of Intent – Monday, December 18, 2017
- Submit proposal electronically to email@example.com. Mail hard copy proposal. – Wednesday, February 28, 2018
- Funding Decision – April 2018
- Post-Award Planning and Training with Evaluator – May 2018
- Signed BWB Implementation Agreement – June 2018
- Funding Released and Grant Implementation Begins – July 2018
- Project Period – July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019
- Your organization must currently have IRS 501(c)3 tax-exempt status.
- The organization applying must be located in and have an established history serving the Berks County community.
- Proposed project must address one of the key health priorities identified in the 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment.
- Grant requests should not exceed $15,000.
- Grants will be awarded one time only.
- Project period is July 1, 2018-June 30, 2019.