- Submit a letter of intent (LOI) by 3 p.m. on Monday, December 18, 2017. Organizations are required to submit a letter of intent. The LOI should include:
- Organization name and primary contact person
- Project name and brief description
- Estimated funding request
The LOI should be no more than one page and be signed by the CEO or Executive Director. LOI should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 p.m. on Monday, December 18, 2017.
When submitting, write “BWB Letter of Intent” in the subject line.
- Qualified organizations must complete the Be Well Berks application and submit to:
Department of Community Health and Wellness
When submitting, write “Be Well Berks Grant Application” in the subject line.
Submit the application and cover letter (in PDF format) by 3 p.m. on Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Late submissions will not be considered.
Mail (1) hard copy application to:
Community Health and Engagement Department
420 S. Fifth Avenue
West Reading, PA 19611
Hard copy application must be postmarked by Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Hard copy application package must include:
- Signed cover letter (original copy)
- Completed application
- IRS Tax Exemption letter
- Most recent IRS Form 990
- Current board approved budget
- List of current board members
Applicants shall complete a full proposal using the outline and page limits outlined below.
Use 1 inch margins, Times New Roman 12-point font, single spaced with clear headings and subheadings in your response to assist the reviewers.
SECTION 1: (2 page limit)
- Brief history and mission of the organization.
- Describe how the organization aligns with one or more of the four priority health needs. Be sure to include any current partnerships with Reading Hospital, if applicable.
- Describe the organization’s capabilities to administer the project and funds in an effective manner.
SECTION 2: (4 page limit)
- Describe the project and how it promotes health, and community and population well-being.
- Describe the potential for the project to be sustainable, scalable and replicable.
- Describe how this project is “innovative and collaborative.” List collaborative partners and their roles.
- Goals and objectives of the project, target population/demographic area, specify the number of individuals to be served by the project.
- Expected project outcomes.
- Describe the method to be used for project evaluation.
- Plan for co-branding (with Reading Hospital) funded projects.
SECTION 4: BUDGET (1 page)
- Provide a detailed summary of how grant funds will be utilized.
- List other funding sources and efforts to sustain project.