Transitional Year Night Call Responsibilities
Transitional Year residents share call schedule with Preliminary and Categorical Medicine Residents.
Night call responsibilities
- Double the number of interns per team as usual
- Short call to 9 p.m. every fourth night
- No ICU
- Four consecutive night float shifts from within the team
Blocks 2 - 12
- Medicine Teaching Service – short call to 9:00 p.m. every four nights (no long call)
- ICU – three weeks with no overnight call. One weekend night shift during those three weeks (5:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.: with other weekend days off). One week of night shifts only (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Monday through Thursday and 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. on Friday and Saturday) with Sunday off.
- Other rotations – Average one Saturday 8:30 p.m to 8:00 a.m. every other month.
- Night Float - Sunday through Friday, 8:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.