How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Reading Hospital Residency Program in Obstetrics and Gynecology! Our competitive, fully accredited program has four PGY 1 resident positions available each year.
Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Only applications submitted through ERAS will be considered. For information regarding ERAS, please refer to the following website.
Applications will be accepted until December 31.
Selection is based on a comprehensive review of each applicant’s portfolio.
Applications should include the following:
- Common Application Form via ERAS
- Including CV and Personal Statement
- USMLE or COMLEX Step 1 and Step 2 (if available) scores
Although there is no formal minimum score, a USMLE score (or COMLEX equivalent) over 200 is highly recommended. A USMLE score is not required for osteopathic candidates, but will enhance your application.
- Medical school transcripts
- Dean’s Letter
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation from your medical school faculty
There is no cut-off for maximum number of years since medical school graduation. However, recent graduates, those with recent clinical experience, those with post-graduate training, and those with experience in the US are preferred.
Completed applications will be considered and an invitation to interview will be extended on a rolling basis. Interviews will be conducted from November to January.
The interview process consists of:
- An informal social gathering the night before the interview day
- A morning didactic conference session
- Discussion with alumni, current residents, and subspecialty faculty
- An overview with the Program Director
- A facility and surrounding area tour
- Lunch with OB/GYN department staff and residents
- Interviews with the Program Director, faculty, and incoming chief residents
For More Information
We appreciate your interest in our program and wish you the best of luck in your career! Should you have any further questions, please contact Terri Chervanick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-628-8614.