How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Reading Hospital's Internal Medicine Residency Program.
All applicants must submit their application and supporting documents through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). These items are required:
- Common Application Form (CAF)
- Medical school transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) (formerly known as "Dean's Letter")
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- USMLE/COMLEX scores (with passing each Step or Level exam on first attempt, COMLEX scores over 490 preferred – exceptions may be made)
- ECFMG status report (if an international graduate)
These additional items are required for international graduates:
- USMLE scores preferably above 220 for Steps 1 and 2 CK, on the first attempt; passing score on Step 2 CS, on the first attempt
- No cut-off date for graduation from medical school.
- US experience is strongly preferred
Applications are reviewed by the Selection Committee and invitations to interview are extended by email and postal mail.
Interviews will be scheduled through the end of January.
The interview day consists of a hospital tour, information sessions with faculty, lunch with residents, and multiple mini interview stations. Hotel accommodations are provided the night before.
Applications will be accepted until December 31 of the interview season.
We will not give status updates or accept AAMC ID#s from callers.
For More Information
Questions? Please email email@example.com.