How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Reading Hospital's Family Medicine Residency Program.
Our competitive, dually accredited program has 8 PGY-1 resident positions available each year.
Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Only applications submitted through ERAS will be considered.
- Common Application Form (CAF)
- Medical school transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) (formerly known as "dean's letter")
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- USMLE/COMLEX scores
- ECFMG status report (if an international graduate)
These additional items are required for international graduates:
- USMLE scores preferably above 200 for Steps 1 and 2 CK, preferably on the first attempt; passing score on Step 2 CS, preferably on the first attempt
- No cut-off date for graduation from medical school, but within the past five years is preferred
- US experience is not required, but is preferred
- US citizenship or permanent resident status required
Applications are reviewed by the Selection Committee and invitations to interview are extended by email.
Interviews will be scheduled from September 12, 2018 to January 23, 2019.
The interview day consists of:
- Dinner the night before is optional. Hotel accommodations are provided the night before.
- An information session with the Department Chair and Program Directors
- An hour long hospital tour, given by a resident
- Information sessions with faculty
- Lunch with residents
- One-on-one interviews with the Program Directors and residents.
Applications will be accepted until January 1, 2019.
We will not give status updates or accept AAMC ID#s from callers.
For More Information
We appreciate your interest in our program and wish you all of the best in your career. If you should have any questions, please email Jenna.Detweiler@towerhealth.org or call 484-628-8855.