Surgical Technology Program Outcomes
The mission of the Surgical Technology Program is to prepare entry-level surgical technologists in the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective domains. Graduates will meet the diverse needs of the communities they serve with competence and compassion through the application of ethical standards, interprofessional collaboration, and active professional engagement.
Student Learning Outcomes
In support of this Mission, the Surgical Technology Program has established program outcomes that define the knowledge, skills, and behaviors that will be reflected by a graduate of the Program A graduate of Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, Surgical Technology Program will:
- Synthesize knowledge and skills essential to the successful practice of surgical technology.
- Utilize the problem solving process effectively.
- Practice competently as an entry-level Surgical Technologist.
- Communicate effectively with all communities of interest.
- Practice surgical technology ethically and compassionately.
- Model ongoing professional growth and development.