How to Apply
Please note: The August 2020 ST Class is closed to new applicants. We are now accepting applications for our August 2021 Class
The Surgical Technology Program admits classes in August. The deadline for completed applications is February 1 for August enrollment. Admission to the Surgical Technology Program is highly competitive. The Admissions Committee operates in accordance with a selective admission process, which means the best-qualified applicants each year receive consideration for preferred admission.
Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or greater in high school or post-secondary coursework is required for all applicants and candidates for matriculation. The most recent postsecondary GPA will be used in the admission decision.
All applicants will need to have a standard high school diploma with a minimum of 16 units that must include the following:
An earned grade of “C” or better in the subjects listed below
- English: 4 units
- Social Studies: 3 units
- Mathematics: 3 units, including Algebra I
- Science: 3 units, including Biology
Applicants may be required to validate minimum requirements through college-level coursework.
Candidates who demonstrate “above average” educational potential will be considered for preferred admission based on the following criteria:
- Preferred high school or the most recent post-secondary GPA: 3.0 or higher.
- All required math and science course grades: 80% or higher.
- Successful completion of college courses including Mathematics, Biology, and English or Communications.
- Test score minimum: SAT: 500 in each section; ACT composite of 19, Essay score of 7 or higher; TOEFL paper-based score of 560 or internet-based score of 83
- Recommendations: "Recommend with confidence" rating.
- Successful completion of interview.
Acceptance is contingent upon submitting post-acceptance documents and fees in accordance with established deadlines. Please refer to Post-Acceptance Requirements.