Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences Nursing Program prepares its graduates to:
- Practice as a professional nurse at an entry-level position in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Apply the theory derived from nursing and supportive disciplines to implement the nursing process to assist individuals and groups to meet their healthcare needs.
- Utilize effective communication to establish therapeutic relationships to meet the healthcare needs of individuals and groups within the community.
- Assist individuals and groups to achieve wellness through the use of health teaching.
- Provide nursing care in a responsible, accountable manner within the ethical and legal framework of nursing.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals utilizing leadership and management theory to coordinate health care in a variety of settings.
- Assume accountability, self-direction, and commitment for professional growth through continuing education.
- Respond on a personal and professional level to changing healthcare issues of society by participating in community and professional activities and organizations.