Many students, like you, think schooling is about change and transition… all two or three years! How can you expand and explore your outlook of yourself and what you truly want to accomplish in school? One way is to make time to connect with your advisor.
Your relationship with your advisor is an important one, one that will help prepare you for experiences during and after your schooling.
The Advisor monitors student progress and facilitates student achievement of the student’s success through referral for supportive services.
Develop a Good Advising Relationship
- Make every effort to meet with your advisor on a routine basis.
- When you make an appointment, be sure to keep it or let your advisor know when you must cancel.
- Reschedule your appointment.
- Recognize that support and advice will come from many other resources on campus who serve as part of your academic support team.
- It is you who must seek the support that will enhance your educational experiences. Remember, it is a sign of a successful student to do so.
Meetings with your advisor are confidential and are designed to offer you the guidance you need for a positive and successful academic experience.
The Tutor Program is designed to assist those students who may be facing academic challenges while enrolled.
If you are in need of this service or would like to lend your time as a peer tutor, please contact student services at 484-628-0104 for more information.
Download a request form today or read our program policy below.