Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
If you are one of the nearly 7 million people experiencing the frustration of living with a non-healing wound, the staff and specialists of the Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine Center at Reading Hospital is here to help you!
Advanced, Personalized Care Plans
We are a specialized center dedicated to healing complex wounds. We develop a plan of care tailored to meet our patients’ individual needs.
Each unique care plan is supported by advanced, evidence-based medicine technologies in order to heal wounds as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our goal is to achieve complete healing so that our patients may return to their lives wound free.
Advanced Wound Healing Technology
- Bioengineered skin substitutes
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Customized off-loading (pressure relief) walking systems
- Edema (swelling) management
- Vascular studies (ABI, TCOM)
- Doppler pulse evaluation
- Collaborative medical approach for each patient
- Advanced topical care products
- Nutritional support
- Pain assessment
- Surface pressure relief assessment and management
- Private exam rooms with customized equipment
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Three large, state-of-the-art hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- Comfortable, separate hyperbaric suite with private changing rooms
- Private television in each chamber
- Constant communication with attendant while in chamber
- Highly qualified staff of technicians, nurses, and physicians are available at all times during your treatment
Learn more about Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy at Reading Hospital.
Ostomy Consultation and Management
New ostomy patients may schedule an eight-week follow-up visit for the wound center at the time of their initial surgery. Please ask your surgeon for a prescription and referral for this service. We will be happy to schedule an appointment for you with one of our certified wound/ostomy/continence nurses at the wound center!
Stable ostomy patients may call for a visit to address new problems, or for advice on the latest products available to assist them with their ostomy care. If you would like to schedule a visit, please contact your primary care physician or surgeon for a referral and prescription.
Limb Preservation Program
- First regional multidisciplinary program dedicated to reducing limb loss
- A service provided to physicians to discuss patients with recalcitrant wounds
- Provides a multidisciplinary approach to discuss patients who are at high risk for limb loss
- Multispecialty involvement includes: vascular surgeons, plastic surgeons, podiatrists, infectious disease physicians, wound care specialists, lymphedema therapists and nurses
- Facilities patient care coordination and expedites care between medical services
Our trained specialists work closely to provide comprehensive care to include primary care physicians, vascular surgeons, plastic surgeons, podiatrists, and infectious disease physicians.
Expect to be greeted warmly by our staff. We assist with referrals, insurance authorizations, and obtaining supplies throughout our patients' care at the center. We often see our patients weekly to ensure healing occurs as quickly as possible.
Our patients receive expert, compassionate care from our highly qualified staff at the Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine Center at Reading Hospital.
Our comprehensive outlook for wound healing provides you with a team approach, including you in all aspects of their plan of care.
Our physicians and clinicians have attended required training specific to wound healing and hyperbaric medicine, enhancing our ability to provide excellent care to our most important entity, you! Thank you for choosing us!
Please have your physician call us at 484-628-3939 to schedule your appointment.
Our center operates Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. We are closed on weekends and major holidays.