Our caring team of physical therapy professionals provide quality services to acute hospital inpatients, outpatients, and patients admitted to the transitional care and rehabilitation units.
Evaluation & Treatment
You'll be first evaluated to determine muscle strength, joint motion, balance, coordination, and ability to perform typical activities of daily living such as:
Patients are given a customized treatment program, which is re-evaluated and modified with the patient's progress.
Conditions Physical Therapy Treats
Physical therapy is often recommended by your doctor as a non-surgical treatment plan that's usually part of your post-operative care or post-injury rehabilitation. Conditions physical therapy can help treat includes:
- Degenerative disc disorders
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sports and recreational injuries
- Strokes and neurological disorders
- Work-related injuries
Reading Hospital uses a variety of treatment approaches, tailored to your individual needs and rehabilitation goals, including:
- LiteGait® System: A gait training device that simultaneously controls weight bearing, posture, and balance over a treadmill or over ground.
- Guldmann Body Weight Support Systems - Promote normal gait sequencing in patients who lack trunk control or lower body strength.
- GameBike - Recumbent bicycle linked to a video game system.
- MOTOmed Movement Therapy System - Motor and software assistance gently moves and loosens patient’s arms and legs from the comfort of a wheelchair or bed.
Care You Can Trust
With our team of physical therapy professionals, you'll get one-on-one care and treatment you need to get back to the life you love.