Farm Fresh Program

Do you want fresh, locally grown food, but don't want to give up the convenience of a regular grocery store? There's no need to wait for your closest supermarket to carry the good stuff.

By choosing to participate in our program, you make a very powerful commitment to purchase Certified Organic produce that positively impacts our local economy, personal health, and planet.

PICK UP LOCATION - Pick up Wednesdays at the Doctors Office Building, Second Floor, via the 7th Avenue Garage!

Please park in the 7th Avenue Garage. Parking spaces will be blocked off on the second level for Farm Fresh Parking only. Please enter the building via the enclosed walkway that goes over Seventh Avenue. Your shares will be in the lobby at the end of the walkway.

Lancaster Farm Fresh

The farmers take deep pride in the quality of vegetables they grow, raising each crop with meticulous attention and every effort to refine their cultivation techniques. They strive to provide the best value of Certified Organic vegetables available in every share.

The Winter share is 13 weeks, from January 21 – April 15, and the options are:

Vegetable ShareVegan Value PackageOmnivore Value Package
Weekly/Bi-weekly Eggs Weekly Meat Weekly Yogurt
Weekly Bread Weekly Tofu Bi-weekly Vegan Burger
Bi-weekly Cheese

The Summer Share is open for sign-ups as well. It runs for 26 weeks, from May – October, and the options are:

XL Vegetable ShareLarge Vegetable ShareMedium Vegetable Share
Small Vegetable Share Mini Custom Share Meat Share
Fruit Share Egg Share Cheese Share
Flower Share Herb Share Bread Share

Community Supported Medicine (Organic Herbal Medicine) Share

If you have any questions, contact:

Select Reading Hospital as your pick up site. Pick up is every Wednesday from 2:30-5:30 p.m. in Reading Hospital's Doctor’s Office Building, second floor lobby.

For more information and to sign-up, please visit www.lancasterfarmfresh.com/csa.

Frequently Asked Questions

How long will the Co-Op Last?

The Co-Op program and Weavers Orchard boxes are available year round. The program will last as long as there is interest.

Can I split a share with a co-worker?

You may certainly make arrangements to split a share or box with a co-worker, however you take responsibility for ensuring the food is picked up and split accordingly.

How much does it cost to participate?

Prices change from seaso to season. Current season costs are available at www.lancasterfarmfresh.com

Payment plan options are available on the purchase application online. Subsidies are available for low income families from Lancaster Farm Fresh. Please call 717-656-3533 or go to www.lancasterfarmfresh.com/csa/FreshFoodFund to inquire.

What if I forget to pick up my share?

If you forget to pick up your share, your produce will be donated.

Can someone else pick up my share for me?

Yes!

Where can I learn more about Lancaster Farm Fresh?

Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative is a non-profit organic farmers cooperative of 75 farmers in Lancaster County. They focus on creating healthy high quality foods from our highly maintained and enriched soils on their small scale family farms.

What are the benefits of eating organic produce?

Organic farmers use less energy, less water, and no pesticides. Organic food is usually fresher when eaten because it doesn’t contain preservatives that make it last longer. Organic farming practices also reduce pollution (air, water, and soil), reduce soil erosion, and increase soil fertility.